BONFIRE LABS IS A SAN FRANCISCO-BASED CREATIVE CONTENT AGENCY.
We partner with our clients to create Content with Context.
We are currently looking for a hands-on lead creative with significant experience dreaming up and making things. An ideal candidate will have strong ideation, presentation, and leadership skills: to dream up and develop creative concepts and mentor a team of art directors, designers, editors, and other key creatives to oversee the successful execution and delivery of projects. You love solving problems individually and through collaboration with others. You don’t subscribe to a single visual style, instead you have a knack for discovering and identifying what's right for the assignment at hand. You display a conceptual acumen combined with a "maker’s" ability to design and execute. You are a strategic thinker who is capable of blank-page ideation and concept development, as well as producing world-class work that has evolved beyond video and touched on interactive, social or installation-based solutions.
- Concept and design solutions from brief to delivery.
- Lead projects on your own or collaborate with other Creative Leads on every aspect of creative production, including overseeing creative staff and allocating resources appropriately
- Collaborate with project Producer to lead and inspire your team to produce inventive, thoughtful and relevant work
- Participate in pitching and winning new projects and clients
- Work closely with EP and Marketing Director as a liaison to the creative and design team, helping the creative team sell their best marketing solutions and present cohesive and persuasive rationales for campaign approaches
- Work with Head of Creative Strategy to lead client relationships related to all things creative while contributing to overall brand strategy
- Oversee the development, design and implementation of multiple projects simultaneously; assign tasks and monitor progress
- Lead your teams to work within project parameters: client goals and requirements, internal goals, user experience, technical constraints, budget, and schedule
- You contribute to the culture at Bonfire Labs, insuring that the level of creative work is always growing. You actively cultivate an understanding of larger industry trends and share those insights with the studio
- 5+ years of experience -- with at least 2 years of experience in a creative leadership role -- driving the creative development process in a client-services environment (motion design studio, production company, agency, or digital agency)
- Experience in producing material (not just overseeing) is critical
- Demonstrated mastery in digital tools of the trade. Should include some combination of Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, 3D, Cinema 4D, Final Cut Pro, et cetera
- Ability to provide clear creative direction and timely feedback to keep work on-budget and on-schedule
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) plus the confidence to present them to existing and prospective clients
- Ability to mentor and work effectively with team members (creatives, producers, editors, animators, freelancers, etc.)
- Strong pitch creation capabilities paired with design sensibility and/or ideation skills that translate into awarded work
- Outstanding hands-on art direction and design skills; great systematic design / multichannel experience as well as campaign / storytelling abilities
- Able and eager to work collaboratively within a strong creative team
- Strategic, ‘big thinker’ who can balance aesthetics with considerations for the audience and the communication channel
- Bring a defined point of view and be able to articulate conceptual and directional choices
Bonfire Labs is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.